How do I change or correct my name on my Social Security card?

If you change your name legally due to marriage, divorce, or any other reason, you must let Social Security know so you can be issued a new card. You can’t apply for a card online, but the good news is there’s no charge for a new one. When you apply, you will need proof of identity, and you may also need to be able to demonstrate your U.S. citizenship or lawful noncitizen status. Learn more about the documents you’ll need to bring here.

You will also be asked to fill out an application form for a new card, which you will take or mail to your local Social Security office. View more details here.

We Won't Take “NO” for an Answer®

To Schedule an Appointment, Call Us Toll Free at 1.877.873.8208 or Email Us for a Prompt Response.

Jan Dils, Attorneys at Law

Jan Dils, Attorneys at Law