How do I apply for a replacement card?

If your card is lost or stolen, you may be able to request a new one online here. There is no charge for this service. To use the online portal, you must:

  • Be a U.S. citizen age 18 or above with a U.S. mailing address
  • Not be requesting a name change or any other change to your card
  • Have a driver’s license or state-issued identification card from a participating state. If your state doesn’t yet participate, keep checking back as new states are being added frequently.

If you’re unable to apply online, fill out and print the application form for a new card, then take or mail it to your local Social Security office. You will also be asked to present the appropriate documents.

We Won't Take “NO” for an Answer®

To Schedule an Appointment, Call Us Toll Free at 1.877.873.8208 or Email Us for a Prompt Response.

Jan Dils, Attorneys at Law

Jan Dils, Attorneys at Law