Car Accident FAQ

Car Accident FAQ

Car Accident Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)

If you’ve been in a car accident, you may have a lot of questions. It’s not always clear what you’re entitled to if you’ve suffered injuries. Or what the best course of action might be? We’ve put together this FAQ that we hope will be helpful.

Won’t insurance cover my damages? Why should I hire an attorney?

If you were the victim in a car accident, it’s true that the other person’s car insurance may cover damages to your vehicle. But they may not pay you the amount you’re entitled to.
If you’ve suffered injuries, you may be eligible for compensation not covered by medical insurance. An attorney can help you navigate these questions, so you receive the compensation you deserve. Of course, there are many cases where insurance companies settle every issue. If you have any questions, it can be helpful to discuss the matter with a legal professional.

What if the accident was partly my fault?

Of course, you want to be honest about what happened. But accidents are stressful, and emotions may be running high, so it can be difficult to discern exactly what took place. There can be an issue with your vehicle or the distraction of other drivers. Don’t accept blame right away. If you choose to hire an attorney, they can help investigate and get to the bottom of what happened.

I wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. Will that hurt my case?

It depends on the state in which the accident occurred. In some states, not wearing a seatbelt may make you ineligible to receive damages. Or may mean you’ll receive less.
In West Virginia, If it’s demonstrated that your failure to wear a seatbelt is relatable to your injuries. A reduction in damages is possible.

What types of damages may I get compensation for as the victim of a car accident?

There are several types of damages to be eligible for compensation if the other driver is liable. They include:
  • Property damage
  • Medical expenses
  • Pain and suffering
  • Lost wages
  • Punitive damages

Will I have to go to court if I file a personal injury claim?

Most often, the other driver’s insurance will agree to pay what your attorney believes. Also, you will be able to settle without going to court. But, they need a formal trial in some cases.
If you have any questions about what to do after a car accident? Or about filing a personal injury lawsuit, contact us anytime at 877-526-3457. Furthermore, One of our representatives will be happy to speak with you about the details of your situation.
So, These were the Car Accident FAQ ( Frequently Asked Questions). Feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We are available, anytime.
We Won't Take “NO” for an Answer®

To Schedule an Appointment, Call Us Toll Free at 1.877.873.8208 or Email Us for a Prompt Response.

Jan Dils, Attorneys at Law

Jan Dils, Attorneys at Law