Supporting Local Business Amidst a Pandemic
POSTED BY devind . May 21, 2020
“Support your local business.”
Nothing new. The trend was popularized years ago. And with the COVID-19 pandemic, the need to support your community has only grown.
Rather than fighting the over-crowded corporate supermarkets like Walmart, Kroger and Target, many have relied on their local grocery stores to shop for the essentials. Oftentimes, the small stores have shown to be well-stocked in comparison to their brand named competitors – and with less headache.
With states beginning the process of opening back up, I thought it would be nice to share some of the local businesses in our community that may have seen a decrease in traffic due to the shutdown.
Downtown Parkersburg is full of great local restaurants that have remained open for take-out throughout the lockdown. Now as government restrictions are starting to lift, some locations are beginning to emerge with outdoor dining and will soon be open for dine-in seating in the coming weeks.
- Blennerhassett Hotel
- Parkersburg Brewing Company
- Cham’s Lebanese Restaurant
- Mango Latin Bistro
- TCB – The Cocktail Bar
- Unity Cafe
- Gyro King – Authentic Mediterranean Cuisine
When it comes to shopping, Parkersburg and the surrounding communities offer many great options to choose from
- 19th Street Meat Market
- Great location for quality meats with no preservatives or add-ons (according to their website)
- Mulberry Lane Country Store
- From gifts and home decor to specialty food products made right here in West Virginia.
- Holl’s Swiss Chocolatier
- Hand-crafted Swiss chocolates and fresh roasted coffees
- Scot’s Local Marketplace
- Lawn and Garden to specialty foods and gifts (Also featuring HAND DIPPED ICE CREAM)
As you start to venture out of your homes over the next few weeks, take the opportunity to visit one of the wonderful locations Parkersburg has to offer.
Believe me, they’ve missed you as much as you’ve missed them.
As you’ve done so well throughout this entire process, keep following the guidelines and be aware of the steps each location is taking to keep you safe. Remember, we’re all in this together. Stay Safe. Stay Healthy.